Re: Wrong commit message. What to do now?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Wrong commit message. What to do now?
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 02:54:40 +0200

CC'ing emacs-devel

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

> Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:
>>Stefan asked for it on the bzr mailing list:
>>http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.bazaar-ng.general/39686
>>(click on the Subject for seeing all the thread)
>>IIRC it was filed in the "wishlist" category, "pie in the sky" priority :-)
>
> The two most recent revisions are still mine (the second-to-last one
> has the botched commit message).  I could 'bzr uncommit' them, fix, and
> recommit in order.
>
> But how would this play with everyone else who may have pulled changes
> from the trunk into their local branches already?

You would create some irritating problems for those. They need to notice
the problem (usually the next time the pull), figure out what is it, and
solve it. Possibly with bzr revert, or deleting `trunk' and cloning
again from upstream. Maybe the shared repository will save downloading
almost all of the revisions.

> That means I effectively can't uncommit, right?

You can't uncommit. The bzr repo at Savannah has a rule that forbids
that.