Re: Emacs and Gnome Canvas

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Emacs and Gnome Canvas
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 11:06:41 +0200

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu skrev 2010-07-18 09.45:
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 09:10:18 +0200, Jan Djärv<address@hidden>  said:

BTW, you would have to invent syntactic expose events for X, Xt and
TTY unless you plan to have two display engines.

We don't need to change drawing code for TTY.  It just draws during
redisplay as in the current code.

Then you have to have two redisplay engines. One that calculates dirty regions and updates during expose, and one that updates at once.

The alternative is to force two redisplays, redisplay due to update and then the backends just set dirty area, and then once again for the expose where the actual drawing takes place.

I don't see how you are going to get around it.

        Jan D.