Re: recent commit broke src/dired.c on OSX

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: recent commit broke src/dired.c on OSX
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 02:33:58 +0200

> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 01:28, Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> MSVC++ has direct.h
>>
>> MSDN flags `mkdir' as obsolete and recommends `_mkdir'.
>>
>> MinGW has direct.h too.
>
> I fail to see the relevance.

I fail to understand your failure to see the relevance.

You said:

"AFAICS, Windows also has dirent.h, at least MinGW has it."

and I was expanding that information to cover MSVC++, which falls under
the Windows category too.

Perhaps you missed that I was mentioning direCt.h instead of direNt.h?

It can be useful to know that using dirent.h won't work for VC++, but
using direct.h will work for both VC++ and MinGW.