Re: The copyright issue

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: The copyright issue
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:58:27 -0400

    Nope.  It makes him liable to be sued by the FSF for legal expenses,
    and maybe the cost of ripping out the code, if the FSF *loses* (or
    maybe, if it determines in good faith that it's going to lose and
    settles out of court).

I can't see why we would ever want to sue a contributor even if he had
lied to us about he origin of the code.  We would simply take it out.

However, the assignments encourage users to think about the question,
making it much less likely that we will have any problem.