Re: How to get SCIM working in GUI Emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: How to get SCIM working in GUI Emacs
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 23:42:30 +0900

Štěpán Němec <address@hidden> writes:
>> I did lots of google searchs. Some guy said it is the Xorg problem and
>> others said it's the font (may be font path) problem.
>> But how do we explane that other X program works fine with scim?
>
> I'll let others do the explaining, but rest assured that getting GUI
> Emacs to work with SCIM or IBus is non-trivial. AFAIK you need
> third-party packages for that, specifically for SCIM I used to use this

Eh?  SCIM "just works" with Emacs for me...  the only thing I changed
was the hot-key, 'cause the default (C-SPC) conflicts with Emacs.

[I do set a consistent locale outside of Emacs tho, but that's just
generally a good idea.]

-Miles

--
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.  [George Carlin]