Re: Arabic support

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Arabic support
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 18:29:13 +0300

> From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 10:00:02 +0900
>
> As the lgstring is getting shorter each time, it seems that
> composition fails each time.

No, the composition was succeeding.  The problem was that
uniscribe_shape tried to reorder the grapheme clusters returned by
ScriptShape and ScriptPlace, and the result was that the FROM and TO
members of the LGSTRING object were not as set_iterator_to_next
expected.  This caused the iterator to fail skipping the characters
that were already composed, it would instead move only one character
ahead.

Thanks to all the hints and useful information in this thread, I think
I succeeded to fix the code in uniscribe_shape, so now the display of
Arabic looks okay to me.  Arabic input also seems to work; at least
Emacs no longer crashes.  People who actually speak Arabic please
check the latest development code to see that it indeed works
correctly.