[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: e and pi
Re: e and pi
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 02:04:56 +0200
2010/9/17 Chong Yidong <address@hidden>:
> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> So I intend to do the following:
>> - in Emacs-23.3, define `e', `float-e', `pi', and `float-pi' and declare
>> `e' and `pi' obsolete, but without a make-obsolete-variable
>> (i.e. only in NEWS and in docstrings).
>> - in Emacs-24 keep float-e and float-pi but get rid of `e' and `pi'.
>> Can anyone think of a better solution?
> I don't like the idea of `float-e' and `float-pi'.
> What is the problem with dynamically scoping `e' and `pi'? If it's only
> the compiler warning, we can give the compiler a whitelist of variables
> not to complain about.
Possibly as a temporary solution, but if one heads down that road and
finds out it will not work in the long run, it could be messy to "fix"
- e and pi, Stefan Monnier, 2010/09/16
- Re: e and pi, Deniz Dogan, 2010/09/16
- Re: e and pi, Leo, 2010/09/16
- Re: e and pi, Helmut Eller, 2010/09/16
- Re: e and pi, Jason Rumney, 2010/09/16
- Re: e and pi, Chong Yidong, 2010/09/16
- Re: e and pi, Helmut Eller, 2010/09/17
- Re: e and pi, Stefan Monnier, 2010/09/17