Re: e and pi

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: e and pi
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 23:27:39 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > Every identifier mentioned in the appropriate ANSI or Posix
 > standards as a standard function is also reserved.

"Reserved" means "we reserve to right to produce garbage or a syntax
error if you try to use these as regular identifiers".  If you
redefine a standard function, though, the compiler and linker are
still supposed to do the right thing, and your program should still
work (as long as you're consistent, and understand that you can't have
the standard version of a function, and your replacement).  And of
course if you export those identifiers, you're not allowed to claim
standard conformance.