Buffer size limitation in insdel.c

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Buffer size limitation in insdel.c
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 14:06:12 +0200

We have this in insdel.c:make_gap_larger:

  { EMACS_INT total_size = Z_BYTE - BEG_BYTE + GAP_SIZE + nbytes_added;
    if (total_size < 0
        /* Don't allow a buffer size that won't fit in a Lisp integer.  */
        || total_size != XINT (make_number (total_size))
        /* Don't allow a buffer size that won't fit in an int
           even if it will fit in a Lisp integer.
           That won't work because so many places still use `int'.  */
        || total_size != (EMACS_INT) (int) total_size)
      error ("Buffer exceeds maximum size");

"bzr annotate" says this was committed a year ago by Stefan.

Any objections to removing this limitation on 64-bit machines?