Re: Default to using imagemagick?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Default to using imagemagick?
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:32:17 +0900

>> Is there any reason imagemagick doesn't default to "on"?
>
> Nobody protested, so I flipped the imagemagick defaults.
> --without-imagemagick if you don't want it.

Probably a good idea.

I was just reading through the ImageMagick API docs though, and man
does it have the Most Gratuitously Awful Naming Scheme Ever --
practically every function/type name is _absurdly_ generic (e.g.,
"ReadStream", "ExceptionInfo", "GetGeometry", ...), and seem almost
intended to cause conflicts with user programs (or other libraries
with poorly named functions).  [this is in C, remember, no namespaces]

Gahhh.. this is the GNU standard image library?!

-Miles

p.s., of course I'm ignoring the cutesy names, which are merely
silly, not an actual hazard...

--
Road, n. A strip of land along which one may pass from where it is too
tiresome to be to where it is futile to go.