Proper fontification of declarators in CC Mode.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Proper fontification of declarators in CC Mode.
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 20:29:58 +0000

Hi, Emacs!

To save you reaching for K&R, a "declarator" is the "*bar1" or the
"bar2[]" in the following

typedef struct FOO { .... } *bar1, bar2[];

.  It's a horrible word, if it's a word at all, but is occasionally
useful, as now.

Until now, declarators following braces have been fontified
heuristically, with "typedef" (which turns the declarators from
variables to types) typically being ignored.

I have just committed a patch which goes a long way to fixing this.
Statically, all declarators should be fontified right.  However, they
sometimes go awry on buffer changes.  I will sort this out soon (or
"soon").

If any C hacker (or even better, C++ hacker) notices anything else
wrong, please let me know.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).