Re: bug#7260: 24.0.50; DEL screwed up

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: bug#7260: 24.0.50; DEL screwed up
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:38:48 +0200

Richard Stallman skrev 2010-10-23 09.46:

     It sounds rather odd to have `C-d' not delete the active region.  If
     you (for instance) Shift-Right an area, and then press `DEL', I think
     most people would expect the region you've just selected to be deleted.

After shift-arrows is a special case when it might be proper for DEL
and C-d to delete the region.

FWIW, I often mark a region with the mouse and press DEL to delete it. It is a habit picked up from other programs. But then again, I enabled delsel a long time ago, so I'm used to that behaviour.

        Jan D.