Re: Set the version number in the texinfo manuals using configure

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Set the version number in the texinfo manuals using configure
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 00:02:25 +0200

> From: Jay Belanger <address@hidden>
> Cc: martin rudalics <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:20:16 -0500
>

> >> make   -C ../doc/misc info
> >> make[1]: Entering directory `C:/emacs/trunk/doc/misc'
> >> makeinfo --force -I./../emacs faq.texi
> >> makeinfo --force calc.texi
> >> calc.texi:10: @include `emacsver.texi': No such file or directory.
> >> make[1]: *** [../../info/calc] Error 1
> >
> > That's definitely an old makefile, from before the latest changes to
> > makefile.w32-in: the command for faq.texi includes the -I switch,
> > while the command for calc.texi does not.
>
> When I changed calc.texi to use emacsver.texi, I added the line
>   @include ../emacs/emacsver.texi
> I noticed that faq.texi used emacsver.texi and didn't add the
> "../emacs/" prefix to the include statement.  It worked fine when I
> tested it out (on a GNU/Linux system); perhaps for some reason that was
> the wrong thing to do for Windows.

It works on GNU/Linux because doc/misc/Makefile.in adds the -I../emacs
switch to the `makeinfo' command line; this eliminates the need for
the prefix.  It should work on Windows as well, because
doc/misc/makefile.w32-in does the same.  I'm guessing that the above
problem is due to something local on Martin's system, because it works
for me, and no one else complained until now.