[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Emacs 23 Mac port
Re: Emacs 23 Mac port
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:50:28 +0900
Wanderlust/2.14.0 (Africa) SEMI/1.14.6 (Maruoka) FLIM/1.14.8 (Shijō) APEL/10.6 Emacs/22.3 (sparc-sun-solaris2.8) MULE/5.0 (SAKAKI)
The eighteenth update of the Mac port, which is
experimental/hackers-only, is now available from
This version is based on Emacs 23.2.90 pretest.
** Fixed bugs
*** Fullscreen frame does not hide the Dock that is on a different
screen from the one containing the menu bar.
Note: we cannot hide only the menu bar while showing the Dock. So the
Dock might be hidden even when the fullscreen frame is not on the
screen containing the Dock.
In addition to the standard Emacs 23.3 features, the Mac port includes
the following Mac-specific ones:
* Pixel-based mouse wheel smooth scroll for newer mice/trackpads.
* Gesture event handling for newer trackpads. By default, pinch
out/in are bound to text size scaling. With the shift key, they
turn on/off fullscreen status of the frame.
* Apple event sending with (a)synchronous reply handling. ODB
Editor Suite support is added as an example. (Only tested with
QuickCursor. Add "<string>org.gnu.Emacs</string>" to the elements
of QCEditInChoices in QuickCursor.app/Contents/Info.plist.)
* "Click in the scroll bar to: Jump to the spot that's clicked"
setting in the System Preferences is supported.
* Change of text smoothing threshold setting in the Appearance pane
of the System Preferences is reflected immediately.
* Several keyboard shortcuts (notably those for Keyboard Navigation)
listed in System Preferences just work like other applications.
* When the clipboard has both textual and image data, yank inserts
the former and push both into the kill ring so the latter can be
inserted with yank-pop afterwards.
* Use non-integral x positions for displaying antialiased
proportional fonts. You can see the difference by putting the box
cursor over Helvetica 12pt `I', whose ideal width is 3.33398 but
displayed with the rounded width 3, for example.
* Emacs info nodes are accessible via search field in the Help menu
on Mac OS X 10.6.
* Menu item "Open Selected File in Emacs" is shown in Services or
context menu of other applications by default on Mac OS X 10.6
when absolute pathname-like text is selected.
* Reverse conversion in Kotoeri works even without selection.
Hitting Eisu/Kana key on JIS keyboard (or Control-Shift-;/J/K on
US keyboard) twice also works.
* New function `mac-file-alias-p', which is parallel to
* Experimental support for accessibility with respect to the custom
view for Emacs frames. Still there are several glitches.
- Re: Emacs 23 Mac port,
YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <=
- Re: Emacs 23 Mac port, Daniel Colascione, 2010/11/14
- Re: Emacs 23 Mac port, Leo, 2010/11/14
- Re: Emacs 23 Mac port, Chad Brown, 2010/11/15
- Re: Emacs 23 Mac port, Ted Zlatanov, 2010/11/15
- Message not available
- Re: Emacs 23 Mac port, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu, 2010/11/15
- Re: Emacs 23 Mac port, Ted Zlatanov, 2010/11/16
- Re: Emacs 23 Mac port, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu, 2010/11/17
- Re: Emacs 23 Mac port, Ted Zlatanov, 2010/11/17
- Re: Emacs 23 Mac port, David Reitter, 2010/11/17