Re: Merging emacs-23 into trunk

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: Merging emacs-23 into trunk
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 14:30:46 -0800

On Nov 10, 2010, at 12:42 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:

> PS I don't recall seeing a compelling reason as to why configure needs
> to be in the repository at all, so I still suggest just ditching it.

In the past, it has been pretty annoying to deal with version skew in autoconf,
especially as different gnu packages required different versions (typically a
`new/old' split).  I've no idea if this is a practical concern today; I do
notice that version skew comes up now and then.

I hope that helps,
*Chad