rainbow-mode (was: ELPA policy)

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: rainbow-mode (was: ELPA policy)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 22:41:08 +0100

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> Rainbow-mode, as presented, is a tool for colorizing strings in Emacs
> buffers, the kind of neat hack that doesn't really need to be in Emacs.

So it was rejected because you didn't think it was generally useful
enough, basically?

That's a judgement call, of course, but I think it sounds quite useful.
If you're fiddling with colours in CSS files, for instance, it would
speed up the editing/reload process -- at least the way I do it, which
is "er, this should be a bluish colour, so I'll try #404090", *save*,
*reload*, "no, darker", etc.

Just seeing what the colour would be at once would be really neat.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen