RE: emacs-20101122 windows binaries

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: emacs-20101122 windows binaries
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:42:30 -0800

> In my experience, users complain (still in 2010) about the size of the
> binary if it changes drastically between releases. So shipping without
> debug info avoids such complaints at the expense that bugs are harder to
> debug

Dumb question: Just what do you guys mean by "shipping"?  Don't we just post the
files on the Internet and let users download them?

In that case, I would think that the only drawbacks to our providing both
versions (debug or not) would be disk space at GNU (and other sites for
downloading) and preparation time for Emacs developers (twice the work, whatever
it might be).

Users could themselves decide whether they want to pay the penalties of
additional local disk space and increased download time (and build time?).

What am I missing wrt "shipping"?