Re: improve rmail's MIME handling

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: improve rmail's MIME handling
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 23:32:55 -0500

     > What's your question?

    What did you mean by "without switching buffers"?

That's a good question.  I'll try to say this at greater length.

I mean that it should not spontaneously show you a decoded attachment
instead instead of the RMAIL buffer that shows the whole current

When the current Rmail shows the current message, it does so by
swapping text between the RMAIL buffer and another buffer.  But that's
an internal implementation detail.  The user doesn't see this as a
buffer switch.

Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St