Re: Fwd: How to remove verbosity from the data passing mechanism using a

From: Fren Zeee
Subject: Re: Fwd: How to remove verbosity from the data passing mechanism using alist or plist ?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:51:11 -0800

Thien-Thi was on the right track and understood the problem well as his reply indicate as far as I understood it. He has disappeared or refusing to show up. probably this nourishes the ego of such geeks.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 11:18 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
PJ Weisberg <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Fren Zeee <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I am only satisfied with first part. There are more challenging questions
>> still there. Please read the two or three of my posts before you entered the
>> conversation.
> I think your other question was, "What was Thien-Thi talking about
> when he said 'less piecewise-constructive and more table-oriented'?
> Here's my guess.  Keeping in mind that I have no idea what you're
> trying to accomplish, I would suggest that instead of having functions
> like find-my-marker-GOLD, find-my-marker-SILVER, and the like, you
> just start out the file with something like:
> GOLD 1000
> SILVER 5000
> COPPER 28000
> And then read those line-by-line to construct your alist or whatever.

I also fail to comprehend what this thread is about, but could this
maybe prove useful?

Lisp data and code look alike. The lisp data structure is convenient at
every level of the language. Lisp as a dataformat on disk is thus also

Joakim Verona