Re: English dictionary with definitions.

From: A. Soare
Subject: Re: English dictionary with definitions.
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 01:28:10 +0100 (CET)

> Why not http://www.wiktionary.org/ ? You could write some kind of
> "update" procedure, that downloads all new data from there. Something
> like svn. Also an "upload", inviting people to contribute.

Yes, but.

Why would we not make a demand to some official sites to provide a database for
emacs ?

Let me finish the cloning the next week , and a few members of emacs could
write a demand to some sites.

I clone an official site of France that I use all the time. If I clone it and
use it, why you may be not able to use it. as time as I use it, and an Internet
User use it ? After I finish cloning it, I tell you the site, when I finish.
Until then, no word from me, because for me the data base that I clone is
crucial.

In the 21th century the editors/providers of written dictionnaries are gaining
their lives from other resources, not from selled dictionnaries.Maybe they can
understand that providing their data bases is a huge grow of cultural level ,
and maybe they provide the data bases to emacs.

Alin

  Pour un Noël petit budget, découvrez notre sélection cadeaux à moins de 20
euros :  http://actu.voila.fr/evenementiel/noel-2010/boutique/moins-de-20.html