emacs and touchscreen

From: David O'Toole
Subject: emacs and touchscreen
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 20:18:14 -0500

I recently got an HP Touchsmart TM2 and decided to try emacs's
existing Strokes mode gesture support with the touchscreen. It's
great, please see the demo video I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw8SQqmHPbI

(John Sullivan pointed out that I should make this video available in
WebM format, and I'll let you know when that's ready.)

I used a wrapper function and some configurations to make strokes-mode
behave better on a touchscreen, but a little more work is required.
I'd like to submit a patch or two for strokes-mode at some point, and
will keep you posted. I also don't have very many gestures defined---I
would love to work with interested people on building a gestural
command language.

Here are the configs/gesture data I'm using.

http://github.com/dto/emacs-gestures