Re: dev-tsdh-* themes

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: dev-tsdh-* themes
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 01:25:52 -0800

On Jan 7, 2011, at 6:50 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:

> Why do all the names have a "-theme" suffix? They are in a theme/
> directory, isn't that enough?

The default emacs mode line indicator (the primary identifier, IMHO) does a
poor job of indicating the differences between cases like these.   Start emacs
-q and load up a theoretical `lisp/project.el' and it's test suite
`test/project.el' -- it can be difficult to tell them apart.

I've long since adopted a different mode line format to address this problem,
and list-/ibuffers addresses this somewhat, but there are still places (such as
switch-to-buffer) where it crops up often enough that I'm totally unsurprised
to see the information added to the file name.

Hope that helps,
*Chad