RE: Suggestion: default value of `font-lock-verbose' should be nil

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Suggestion: default value of `font-lock-verbose' should be nil
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 11:06:07 -0800

> I suggest changing the default value of `font-lock-verbose'
> to nil. The fontification messages cause noticeable slowdowns
> on OS X[1] in certain situations...
> [1] I don't know the reason for the platform-specificity.

Better to fix those "certain situations" on OS X.  Or, barring that possibility,
change the default value to nil for OS X only.  Consider filing a bug.

IOW, why change the default value for all of Emacs because you ran across a
problem on OS X?  You say that the problem is platform-specific.  So should be
the remedy.