Re: syncing Emacs from sources maintained elsewhere

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: syncing Emacs from sources maintained elsewhere
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:36:04 -0800

On 01/18/11 14:57, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
>
>> * Look for new symbols in config.in that need to be configured
>>   manually.
>
> Can you post a list of those new symbols, please?

You can see a complete list of all the symbols I recently changed by
running this:

  bzr diff -r102854..102889 src/config.in

(If this isn't easy for you to run, please let me know and I'll send
out the full list.)

Most of these symbols, I expect, you won't need to worry about, since
they default to assuming that a feature is absent, and that assumption
will be correct for Microsoft platforms.  Since I don't know
Microsoft, I don't know exactly which symbols actually need to be
worried about.  However, I suggest looking at these symbols more
carefully, as they may need to be defined.  The other new
symbols, I expect, you don't need to define.

   /* Define to 1 if GCC-style __attribute__ ((__aligned__ (expr))) works. */
   #undef HAVE_ATTRIBUTE_ALIGNED

   /* Define to 1 if strtold conforms to C99. */
   #undef HAVE_C99_STRTOLD

   /* Define to `__inline__' or `__inline' if that's what the C compiler
      calls it, or to nothing if 'inline' is not supported under any name.  */
   #ifndef __cplusplus
   #undef inline
   #endif

   /* Define to the equivalent of the C99 'restrict' keyword, or to
      nothing if this is not supported.  Do not define if restrict is
      supported directly.  */
   #undef restrict

Also, you no longer need to worry about the following symbols, since
they were removed from config.in:

   /* Define to 1 if the mktime function is broken. */
   #undef BROKEN_MKTIME

   /* Define to 1 if you have the `mktime' function. */
   #undef HAVE_MKTIME

   /* Define to compiler's equivalent of C99 restrict keyword. Don't define if
      equivalent is `__restrict'. */
   #undef __restrict