Re: globals.h

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: globals.h
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 22:53:36 -0500

Stefan> The new globals.h is inconvenient as it is: adding o removing a global
Stefan> variable is kind of a pain.  Could someone change it so that globals.h
Stefan> is auto-generated, based on macro calls in the C files like:
Stefan> GLOBAL_VAR(Lisp_Object, Vfoo);
Stefan> which would get expanded to nothing, but would tell the scripot about
Stefan> the new Vfoo global var.

> You don't even need a new macro, the script could just look for the
> DEFVAR_{LISP,INT,BOOL} invocations.

Even better.  I just want to remove globals.h from the Bzr repository
and have it be auto-generated instead.

        Stefan

PS: At some point we may also try and improve the dependencies so that
adding/removing/changing one of the vars in globals.h doesn't cause all
files to be rebuilt.