Re: syncing Emacs from sources maintained elsewhere

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: syncing Emacs from sources maintained elsewhere
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:29:36 +0100

Eli Zaretskii asked:
> > If the MinGW headers and implementations are good enough, you should
> > be OK without the .h files.  I'd be surprised if that were true, though.
> Where can I find some docs regarding what is considered to be "good
> enough"?

You find detailed information about the particular portability problems
encountered on various systems and worked around (or not) by gnulib
in the gnulib documentation
especially in the chapters
  7 ISO C and POSIX Header File Substitutes
  8 ISO C and POSIX Function Substitutes
  9 Past POSIX Function Substitutes
  10 Glibc Header File Substitutes
  11 Glibc Function Substitutes