Re: Emacs git tip fails to build

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs git tip fails to build
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:05:13 +0900

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:
> This is already fixed. The git mirror is out-of-date. If you want to use
> it, always wait at least a day before reporting something.

If you want the goodness of git locally, but also want to use the bzr
repo directly to avoid delays, I've had some success with "git-bzr-hg":

   https://github.com/termie/git-bzr-ng

I've only used it for pulling though, I haven't yet tried to commit
anything that way yet.

[BTW, the README talks about patching "bzr-fastimport" to get rid of
some bugs in that utility, but the version in debian seems as if it may
already have the patch applied...]

-Miles

--
Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as
they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a