Re: process-list in Elisp

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: process-list in Elisp
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 16:12:09 -0500

> I attach an implementation of list-processes in elisp that's more or
> less equivalent to the primitive list-processes except it no longer pops
> up an empty buffer when the process list is empty.

In order to limit the complaints, I'd like to make sure the "more or
less" is closer to more than to less.  One thing that is immediately
obvious is that the original code uses with-output-to-temp-buffer
whereas you use something else, so your code doesn't obey the various
hooks run by with-output-to-temp-buffer.  Was there a particular reason
for this change?  Do you know of other similar changes to the behavior?
Have you followed the C source code when writing the new code, or have
you simply tried to reproduce the behavior you saw?

        Stefan