Re: How does ELPA work?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: How does ELPA work?
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 15:12:28 +0100

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> I have done some revising of the Packaging chapter in the Lisp manual.
> Take a look there and see if the explanation of how to create a package
> is clear enough.

Thanks. I've created debbugs-0.1.tar, based on this. I'll send it to you
off the list, for uploading to elpa.gnu.org.

> It also explains how to set up a "mini" package archive on your local
> machine.  This provides a way to test installing your package from the
> M-x list-packages interface, by adding the local archive to the
> `package-archives' alist.

I've tried this as well. `package-upload-file' did work fine (after
adjusting `package-archive-upload-base'). But `list-packages' failed
afterwards, see *Messages*:

(("tmp" . "/tmp/") ("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/";))
Failed to download `tmp' archive.

I'll see, whether I can debug into this.

Best regards, Michael.