Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r103590: Convert some names in te

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r103590: Convert some names in texinfo files to UTF-8.
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 14:14:26 +0100

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 09:59, Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

>  Convert some names in texinfo files to UTF-8.

This brings me grief on Windows, because there aren't that many
texinfo binary distributions out there for Windows.

makeinfo 4.8, which is very stable, does not grok UTF-8:

  makeinfo --force --enable-encoding -I. emacs.texi
  emacs.texi:33: warning: unrecognized encoding name `UTF-8'.

and makeinfo 4.13a (the current one at GnuWin32) is buggy as hell and
just crashes.

ISTR Eli's said that he builds his own texinfo,but that's a bit of overkill...

    Juanma