Re: How does ELPA work?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: How does ELPA work?
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 13:34:44 -0500

>> The elpa bzr branch works a bit differently.  There we keep the packages
>> in extracted (source) form, because the elpa branch does not itself
>> function as a package archive.  Instead, we run a script to deploy the
>> package archive from it.
>
> Is it correct to continue updating this branch from now on?

Yes.  Just make the changes directly in debbugs-0.1.  For now, it's OK
for the contents of packages in the archive to be mutable, instead of
requiring a new package version for each change.  We can revisit this as
Emacs 24 gets closer to release.

> If yes, where shall I document changes? ChangeLog in
> packages/debbugs-0.1?

We don't have a chagelog policy on the elpa branch, so it is OK to use
just bzr commit logs if you like.  If you personally want to add a
ChangeLog or maintain a log in in debbugs.el, feel free.