bug and dev mailing lists [was: bugfix eshell/rm]

From: Drew Adams
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:12:47 -0800

> From: Glenn Morris
>
> We have separate mailing lists for a reason.

Amen.  So why have some taken to cross-posting from the bugs list to the dev
list lately?

E.g. bug 8219.  In this case it was Eli who cross-posted to emacs-devel, but I
think he's not the only one who has done this.

I'm all for moving a discussion to emacs-devel if that is appropriate.  Or
creating a separate development discussion thread there.  But cross-posting from
the bug list to the dev list should be a no-no, IMO.

Nothing prevents one from updating a bug thread with some conclusion or
occasional input from a related dev thread - or vice versa.  But simply cc'ing
the other thread as a mirror is a bad idea.