Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: user-controlled load-path extension: load-dir
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:23:39 -0500

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:11:59 -0600 Evans Winner <address@hidden> wrote:

EW> ,------ Ted Zlatanov wrote ------
EW> |    Chong, Stefan, can I take this and the lack of new
EW> |    posts in this thread to mean it's OK to commit an
EW> |    experimental implementation of the load-dir idea?  I
EW> |    don't know if Ben Key's paperwork is in progress but as
EW> |    you observed it's not terribly complicated code so I
EW> |    can implement it in a functionally similar way quickly
EW> |    (adding his work once we have his copyright
EW> |    assignment).

EW> Is it normal to scoop people like this?  It seems like a
EW> good incentive for people not to bother trying to contribute
EW> to a project.

I rewrote the code entirely and credited you and Ben in the headers.
The code is pretty trivial, especially after I cut out the
byte-compilation and the error trapping.  I think calling it "scooping"
is a big stretch since I proposed the idea too.

Ben's original code had naming and other issues which I didn't see
corrected.  Once it's corrected we can discuss what parts of it we need
incorporated.  But he hasn't said that he's willing to do the assignment
paperwork... and I was impatient enough to do the rewrite.

Ted