Problem binding mouse-1 to Info-mouse-follow-nearest-node

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Problem binding mouse-1 to Info-mouse-follow-nearest-node
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:35:51 +0200

With yesterday's trunk and emacs -Q yanking the following forms into

(setq debug-on-error t)

 '(lambda ()
    (define-key Info-mode-map [mouse-1]

and evaluating them, firing up Info via C-h i and doing mouse-1
somewhere in the *info* buffer gets me (with a short delay)

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range 1 1083)
  buffer-substring-no-properties(1 1083)

This is part of (probably silly) code that used to work from my .emacs
for many years.  Could a knowing soul please tell me what might have
happened here lately?

Thanks in advance, martin

GNU Emacs (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-04-10 on NESTOR