Re: Proposed change to nt/INSTALL

From: Ben Key
Subject: Re: Proposed change to nt/INSTALL
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 20:47:20 -0500

Hello,

Thank you for your input.  How about the following?

  You may also use the --cflags and --ldflags options to pass
  additional parameters to the compiler and linker, respectively; they
  are frequently used to pass -I and -L flags to specify supplementary
  include and library directories.  If a directory name includes
  spaces, you will need to enclose it in quotes, as follows
  -I"C:/Program Files/GnuTLS-2.10.1/include".  Note that the directory
  name is enclosed in quotes, not the entire argument.  Also note that
  this functionality is only supported if command extensions are
  available.  If command extensions are disabled and you attempt to use
  this functionality you may see the following warning message "Error
  in --cflags argument: ... Backslashes and quotes cannot be used with
  --cflags.  Please use forward slashes for filenames and paths (e.g.
  when passing directories to -I)."