Re: fix many doubled-word typos

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: fix many doubled-word typos
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 18:17:04 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Jim Meyering <address@hidden>
>> Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 16:02:32 +0200
>>
>> FYI, I've just committed this.
>> I see that it didn't use my name, whereas it did before.
>> I would rather have had it reject the commit than use "U. Ser".
>
> If by "it" you mean bzr, then this comes from your
> ~/.bazaar/bazaar.conf, in the [DEFAULT] section.  I don't think the
> default is "U. Ser", I think it's your user ID on the machine where
> bzr runs.  At least that's what I once got when I forgot to invoke
> "bzr whoami" before the first commit.

Thanks, but I've had a name and email address specified in
~/.bazaar/bazaar.conf (version-controlled, even) since 2009.
And my username/name are specified as you might imagine in /etc/passwd,
and there is no "U. Ser" in my environment.

And of course, bzr whoami reports what I'd expect:

    $ bzr whoami
    Jim Meyering <address@hidden>

I'm at a loss, so far.