Re: can `shuffle-vector' be moved?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: can `shuffle-vector' be moved?
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 09:48:47 -0500

On Fri, 13 May 2011 00:00:53 -0600 Kevin Rodgers <address@hidden> wrote:

KR> On 5/12/11 9:53 PM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 May 2011 10:03:57 +0800 Leo<address@hidden>  wrote:
L> `shuffle' is not in common lisp.
>>
>> I didn't say it was.  cl-macs.el is not Common Lisp by any means and IMO
>> should not be treated as a clone of it.

KR> From cl-macs.el:

KR> ;; These are extensions to Emacs Lisp that provide a degree of
KR> ;; Common Lisp compatibility, beyond what is already built-in
KR> ;; in Emacs Lisp.

OK.  Can there be a cl-macs-extras.el for "general cl-macs based code
that is safe to include in ELisp code"?

On Fri, 13 May 2011 10:57:58 -0300 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

SM> OTOH I don't see anything similar used anywhere else.
>> True, but if it's mentioned in the Info manual it will be much easier to
>> find and use.

SM> I really meant "similar": if no other code uses this functionality,
SM> advertising its existence is not going to increase its use.

I also see lisp/calc/calc-comb.el:math-shuffle-list but you're right,
it's not commonly needed.  I still don't think it belongs in cookie1.el,
if only because the name is general and not library-specific, but that's
an inconsistency all the cookie1.el functions have.

Ted