Re: ELisp futures and continuations/coroutines

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: ELisp futures and continuations/coroutines
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:24:52 -0500

On Sun, 22 May 2011 15:17:32 +0200 Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> wrote:

TN> () Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
TN> () Fri, 20 May 2011 10:29:39 -0500

TZZ>    Let's get this done, simple though it is, and then see how it will
TZZ>    integrate with fsm.el and deferred.el.  I really think it will benefit
TZZ>    everyone to start simple.
TN> The next step (speaking from an armchair designer's pov) would be
TN> to rebase fsm.el and deferred.el onto this data structure.

Stefan, Chong, anyone else, please let me know if you have objections to
the attached future.el package.  I will add error handling and add it to
Emacs tonight if there are no objections.  It's pretty simple code.

TN> I guess there will be similarities between the fsm and deferred glue that
TN> we'd be wise to "move" into ‘struct future’, but that remains to be seen.

I'll gladly modify it if we find such similarities once we start
reworking fsm.el and deferred.el to use it.

Ted