Re: emacs passwords on mac os x

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: emacs passwords on mac os x
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 05:02:50 -0500

On Wed, 25 May 2011 10:07:23 +0300 eli tziperman <address@hidden> wrote:

et> we noted that msmtp has support for keychain on mac os x.  we were
et> wondering if this might be helpful in your plans to introduce such
et> support for Emacs's auth-source library.  please see below for a link
et> to the relevant msmtp documentation.

(assuming we're just talking about GNU Emacs)

I asked for this on emacs-devel a year ago and again a few months ago
and Ben Key said he would look at it (see
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/137135 and
http://search.gmane.org/?query=keychain+zlatanov&group=gmane.emacs.devel
for the background).

One poster suggested
http://log.scifihifi.com/post/55837387/simple-iphone-keychain-code where
an explanation of the API can be found.

CC to Ben and emacs-devel; Ben, are you still interested in doing this?

Thanks
Ted