Modifying Emacs to use the Mac OS X Keychain Services

From: Ben Key
Subject: Modifying Emacs to use the Mac OS X Keychain Services
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 21:56:04 -0500

Hello,

I have been looking into what it will take to add support for the Mac OS X Keychain Services to Emacs.  It looks like what I need to do is to make changes to lisp/net/secrets.el.  Specifically I need to modify the functions secrets-create-item, secrets-delete-item, secrets-get-alias, secrets-get-attributes, secrets-get-secret, secrets-list-collections, and secrets-search-items so that on Mac OS X they call new built in functions that use the
Mac OS X Keychain Services instead of using dbus-call-method to communicate with the "org.freedesktop.secrets" service.

Is that an accurate assessment of what needs to be done?  If it is, just let me know and I will begin working on it this weekend.