Pretest begins end-June

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Pretest begins end-June
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 12:07:03 -0400

Stefan and I have decided on the end of June for the beginning of the
Emacs 24.1 pretest.  We're hoping for an early 2012 release, but, as
always, that will depend on the code.

The pretest process for 24.1 will be similar to that of 23.1.  A few
days before the pretest (I'll give a more precise date later), the trunk
will go into feature freeze, disallowing new features and other major
changes (e.g. new gnulib modules).  Packages can still be added to
elpa.gnu.org, independent of developments on the trunk.  We'll use the
trunk for most of the pretest, switching to a release branch only
shortly before the release.

Please plan accordingly.  Thanks.