Re: Infinite loop in pop3-retr

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Infinite loop in pop3-retr
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 19:21:01 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Firstly, I think that probably there is a simpler way to check if
>> process is active than by testing process status but I don't know that.
>
> Actually, no, this is the way to do it.

Which reminds me.  Instead of sprinkling all the code with

  (memq (process-status process) '(open run))

which isn't very...  pretty...  (there's probably hundreds variations of
these invocations in Gnus and the other network oriented packages)
wouldn't it be nice if we had a nice, simple function like
`process-alive-p' or something like that?  It would just basically be

(defun process-alive-p (process)
  (memq (process-status process)
        '(run open listen connect)))