sending X client messages from Emacs (was: GTK "decorated" and "deletabl

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: sending X client messages from Emacs (was: GTK "decorated" and "deletable" properties)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:58:37 -0500

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 19:39:05 +0200 Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:

JD> Motif wm hits is just a property with 5 values. Just use
x-change-window-property.

Jan, I added those hints to emacs-panel.el.  I was wondering if Emacs
has functions to send X client messages, e.g. to set
_NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP as shown in
http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-1.3.html

I don't see functions for that currently and would love to have them.

Thanks
Ted