Re: Please don't refer to Emacs as "open source"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Please don't refer to Emacs as "open source"
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 08:06:23 -0400

     > There is a reason for this: most of our community labels itself "open
     > source".

    That's the first time I've heard you refer to open source as "our
    community".  That is a welcome change!

It is not a change.  I have always said (since 1998) that the two
political camps in the free software community are the free software
movement and the open source camp.

Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St