Re: idn.el and confusables.txt

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: idn.el and confusables.txt
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:07:02 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> >     Lisp_Object bidi_class_table = uniprop_table (intern ("bidi-class"));
> >
> >    and get a property value for character CH as this:
> >
> >     Lisp_Object bidi_class = uniprop_table_lookup (CH, bidi_class_table);

> >    In this case, what you actually get is an index number to the
> >    vector of property values (symbols nil, L, R, etc).  See the
> >    comment of uniprop_table_lookup for the detail.  */
> >
> > Eli, I arranged that bidi_class got as above is an integer
> > value that is the same as enum bidi_type_t defined in
> > dispextern.h.

> This sounds good, but I think we should add a comment to both
> dispextern.h and where you create the properties regarding the fact
> that the order must be in sync if any changes are made in any of these
> two places.

Ok.  By the way, as I got an idea of making the normal
CHAR_TABLE_REF macro usable for getting an element of such
table, please wait until I implement it.

> > And, updata_table (intern "mirroring") gives a char-table for
> > mirroring character.

> And what is the entry in that table for characters that don't have a
> mirrored character defined by BidiMirroring.txt?  Is it the character
> itself or nil?

It's nil.  We can make it the character itself, but that
makes the uni-mirroring.el file big.  Currently, the size is
just 3605 bytes (half of bidimirror.h).

> Also, uni-mirroring.el will clash with uni-mirrorred.el on 8+3
> filesystems.  Can't we use the same uni-mirrorred.el file for both
> tables?

If it is agreed to break the backward compatibility, I'll do
that.  At the moment, at least in Emacs code,
uni-mirrorred.el is not used.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden