RE: 5x5 documentation

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: RE: 5x5 documentation
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 06:32:35 +0200

> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden; address@hidden; address@hidden
> Subject: RE: 5x5 documentation
> Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:07:18 -0700
> CC: address@hidden; address@hidden; address@hidden
>
> > However, I cannot give you a URL to that thread, because for
> > some reason it is not recorded in the archive!
>
> Oops, dunno why I didn't see it -
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-06/msg00368.html

Hello Drew,

Just a few question on this new feature:

1) can you use it if you do not link directly to some  manual anchor point, but you make some indirection like "go to the point defined in index entry XXX of info node NNN" ? This is what is really needed for Calc ...

2) would it be easy just based on the function name, and assuming that you can find it in some info node index to compute the link --- I am thinking  that all math function could be added this link by one simple macro modification

3) is the method to introduce that new markup futureproof and easily extensible to other kind of markup (like to define other format for docstring, typically some simplified texinfo would be a good choice, so that you can cut and paste with manuals).

  Vincent.