Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r104691: Don't reuse previous Mes

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r104691: Don't reuse previous Message-id when resending.
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 18:45:06 -0700

On 6/27/2011 4:03 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:
> You are wasting your time trying to argue from authority.  But you're
> not wasting mine, because I'm not going to take time to study your
> message to prise out any parts of the argument that don't depend on
> claiming RFCs have authority.  The onus is on you.

You should reconsider that decision.  Stephen's message cogently
explains _exactly_ why the behavior specified in the RFC is also the
right thing to do. He's provided plenty of evidence that Message-Id
reuse adversely affects MUA threading. The burden of demonstrating
otherwise is now yours to show otherwise.