Re: debbugs.el revisited

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: debbugs.el revisited
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 17:02:51 -0400

> debbugs.el currently lives in GNU ELPA.  Can I check it into the Emacs
> sources for easier continued development and usage?

Please work in the GNU ELPA repository.

I'm working on some changes that should make it more convenient to keep
stuff in that repository up to date for developers.

> the SOAP interface requires that you do one request per bug report to
> get the bug metadata.  So to list all the "normal" level bugs, that
> would be 1600 requests, which is just too slow to use.

According to the Debbugs SOAP interface documentation at

http://wiki.debian.org/DebbugsSoapInterface

the get_status method accepts multiple bug numbers, so it should only be
necessary to make one request.