Re: secure plist store

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: secure plist store
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:28:01 +0900

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> `auth-source-search' will filter the backends with any keys that are
> applicable before it actually searches each backend:
>
>                               (oref backend ,key)))

Ah, I missed that - thanks for the explanation.  I got it, but I think
the slot names should be more descriptive (like :supported-keys), or at
least have some comments around the defclass?

> I'll take a look at using the EIEIO inheritance to abstract the
> prompting and modification to a generic file-based class from which
> the plstore and netrc classes will derive.  That was the original
> intent with the class hierarchy, at least.

Good to hear that.  I would also suggest to make :search-function and
:create-function virtual methods.  That is a standard OO programming
style, I expected to see when I found defclass in auth-source.el ;-)

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno