Re: secure plist store

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: secure plist store
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 08:18:49 -0500

On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:28:01 +0900 Daiki Ueno <address@hidden> wrote:

DU> Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:
>> `auth-source-search' will filter the backends with any keys that are
>> applicable before it actually searches each backend:
>>
>> (oref backend ,key)))

DU> Ah, I missed that - thanks for the explanation.  I got it, but I think
DU> the slot names should be more descriptive (like :supported-keys), or at
DU> least have some comments around the defclass?

OK, I'll add comments.

>> I'll take a look at using the EIEIO inheritance to abstract the
>> prompting and modification to a generic file-based class from which
>> the plstore and netrc classes will derive.  That was the original
>> intent with the class hierarchy, at least.

DU> Good to hear that.  I would also suggest to make :search-function and
DU> :create-function virtual methods.  That is a standard OO programming
DU> style, I expected to see when I found defclass in auth-source.el ;-)

Yeah, none of that was necessary so far but plstore.el has created the
necessity (which is a good thing :)

Unfortunately we got your new code right before the feature freeze and
refactoring the common code would require a fairly large rewrite, which
is not really a bug fix.  I wonder if refactoring is OK under the
feature freeze?

Thanks
Ted